DTCB 2018: Registration for Students & Parents
Dancing through College & Beyond (DTCB) is a unique nationwide event, attended by over 300 high school students and parents annually. Providing a much-needed service to college dance programs and to high school students and their families, Dancing Through College & Beyond offers the opportunity to connect, one-on-one, with renowned faculty from colleges across the country. This event helps students fully explore college dance opportunities and assists them in navigating the college admissions process. This year, DTCB will be held at Hunter College: The City University of New York (695 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065). Please see below for the registration form!
DTCB Highlights Include:
- FREE admittance to the College Fair, student and parent panels, and the opportunity to meet one-on-one with college admissions representatives and faculty. Past panel topics have included Careers in Dance, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, and Financial Aid.
- Ability to see 10 colleges and professional programs perform in Saturday's showcase (ticket purchase required - $21)
- Opportunity to audition for admission into college dance programs and scholarships (high school seniors/those eligible to apply to programs for Fall 2019 only) or take a master class.
New this year!
- Third Audition - We have added a third audition to accommodate more students!
- College Guide - Includes information about each college program and space to take and organize notes. The guide is available for purchase ($11).
Tentative Schedule DTCB 2018 (schedule is subject to change)
|Saturday, October 13th, 2018||Sunday, October 14th, 2018|
|11:00 AM Student check-in begins*||8:30 AM - Student check-in begins*|
|11:30 AM - 2:30 PM - College Fair*||9:00 AM - Group 1 begins warm up/movement class |
|1:00 - 3:30 PM - Peer-to-Peer Sessions*||
10:30 AM - Student and parent panels begin
and run concurrently with auditions and warm up classes
|4:00 - 5:15 PM - Careers in Dance Panel||10:30 - 12:00 PM - Audition Group 1|
|5:30 - 6:30 PM - Break||12:15 - 1:45 PM - Audition Group 2|
|6:30 - 7:30 PM - Showcase Performance||1:45 - 2:30 PM - Break|
| ||2:30- 4:00 PM - Audition Group 3 and Movement class for|
non-auditioning students run concurrently
*On both Saturday and Sunday, attendees will be assigned a specific check-in time as well as a specific time to go into the fair.
Important Event Information for DTCB 2018
1) Every student must register for the college fair. In addition, we can only accommodate one parent per student in the fair.
**Please only add ONE parent ticket to your order. **
***If Parent tickets are sold out, please select a Parent Standby College Fair ticket -- This ticket still entitles you to entry to the Careers in Dance Panel and Sunday panels.
2) Sunday College Audition Requirements - WAITLIST AVAILABLE
In order to be eligible or the college audition, you must:
- Be a high school senior, recently graduated high school, or eligible to apply to college and professional programs for entry in Fall 2019
- Register and attend the College Fair on Saturday (you will receive your audition number on Saturday at check-in)
- Purchase an audition slot for $13 (only 120 slots are available and offered first come, first serve)
- Staple printed headshots and resumes together and give them to the colleges/programs you are interested in auditioning for on Saturday at the College Fair.
- Waitlist - You must still sign up for the College Fair.
Each student will audition once in a group (group 1, 2, or 3). These will be assigned to each student.
3) Master Class Requirements for Non-auditioning students only
In order to be eligible for Sunday's Master Class, you must:
- Reserve a free spot for Sunday's class (only 40 spots available)
- Register and attend the college fair on Saturday
- Please do not sign up if you are attending an audition.