DTCB 2019: Registration for High School Students
AUDITION SPOTS ARE WAITLIST ONLY AS OF August 14, 2019.
Student Registration to attend the College Fair, Workshops and Classes is still OPEN! (for all high schoolers)
Dancewave Through College & Beyond (DTCB) is a unique nationwide event, attended by over 300 high school students and parents annually. Providing a much-needed service to college dance programs and to high school students and their families, Dancewave Through College & Beyond offers the opportunity to connect, one-on-one, with renowned faculty from colleges across the country. This event helps students fully explore college dance opportunities and assists them in navigating the college admissions process. This year, DTCB will be held at Hunter College: The City University of New York (695 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065).
We are aware that many students need to take the SAT on Saturday, October 5. If you cannot reschedule your SAT date, please connect with us at DTCB@dancewave.org and we will make our best effort to give you a later time slot for the College Fair.
Auditions are only part of the experience: DTCB 2019 is open to all high schoolers interested in learning about dance in college!
Auditions spots are reserve for those entering college in 2020
DTCB 2019 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- ALL HIGH SCHOOLERS: FREE admittance to the College Fair on Saturday, attended by over 50 college and university dance programs
- ALL HIGH SCHOOLERS: Access to many FREE student and parent panels, and the opportunity to meet one-on-one with college admissions representatives and faculty. Past topics have included Careers in Dance, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, and Financial Aid
- ALL HIGH SCHOOLERS: DTCB Showcase on Saturday night (ticketed event): Featuring college dance and guest performances
- 2020 College Applicants only: Opportunity to audition for admission into and scholarships for up to 35 college dance programs (high school seniors/those eligible to apply to programs for Fall 2020 only). We have added a 4th audition to accommodate more students. DTCB 2018 audition spots sold out - so register early!
- ALL HIGH SCHOOLERS (who are not auditioning): An opportunity to take a masterclass with a reputable choreographer & instructor in the industry
- New this year! Lunch is available on Saturday. It is included in the Audition Package Plus and Student Package Plus, and available as an Add-on item during registration.
REGISTERED PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS (to date):
*Indicates college with representative on the audition panel
Adelphi University* ○ AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts* ○ Boston Conservatory at Berklee ○ CalArts Dance ○ Columbia College Chicago* ○ Cornish College of the Arts* ○ Dean College* ○ DeSales University* ○ Drexel University* ○ Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts at The New School ○ George Mason University ○ Hofstra University ○ Hunter College* ○ Long Island University Post Campus* ○ Marymount Manhattan College ○ Montclair State University* ○ Nazareth College* ○ NYU Tisch Institute of the Performing Arts ○ The Ohio State University* ○ Pace University ○ Peabody Conservatory ○ Point Park University* ○ Rider University ○ Rutgers University, Mason Gross School of the Arts ○ Sacred Heart University* ○ Springfield College* ○ Studio School ○ SUNY Purchase College ○ Temple University* ○ The Hartt School, University of Hartford* ○ The Juilliard School ○ Towson University* ○ University at Buffalo* ○ University of the Arts* ○ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign* ○ University of Massachusetts Amherst ○ University of Michigan ○ University of Southern California, Glorya Kaufman School of Dance ○ University of Roehampton, London*
*These schools will have representatives on the audition panel.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE DTCB 2019 (schedule is subject to change)*
|Saturday, October 5th, 2019||Sunday, October 6th, 2019|
|9:00 - 10:00 AM Student check-in**||8:30 AM - Student check-in, warm-ups and prep begin|
|10:00 AM - 3:00 PM - College Fair||10:30 AM - Student and parent panels, non-auditioning master classes begin (run concurrent with auditions)|
|1:00 - 5:00 PM - Panels, Peer-to-Peer Sessions, Workshops||10:30 - Audition Group 1|
|5:00 - 6:30 PM - Dinner Break||11:45 - Audition Group 2|
|6:30 - 8:00 PM - DTCB Showcase: College & Guest Performances||1:15 - 2:15 PM - Audition Group 3|
| ||2:30 - 3:30 PM - Audition Group 4|
*On both Saturday and Sunday, attendees will be assigned a specific check-in time in September. Details will be added as they become available; Full schedules & descriptions will be sent in September.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION for DTCB 2019
Registration: Every student must register for the event ("Basic Student Package" is FREE).
Audition Waitlist: Students maybe be contacted up to the afternoon before the audition to attend. Students must attend the college fair on Saturday, October 5, to be eligible to come off the waitlist. Students will be charged the $15 audition fee if they accept a spot off the waitlist into the audition.
NEW THIS YEAR! We are offering Registration Packages that offer over 25% discounted value!
Many ADD ON options are included in PLUS packages! Click "Read More" in the Package list below for details on each option.
Due to our venue capacity, only ONE adult ticket is available for each student package. Enter the accompanying adult's information during the student package registration.
Sunday College Audition Requirements
In order to be eligible for the college audition, you must:
- Be a high school senior, recently graduated high school, or eligible to apply to college and professional programs for entry in Fall 2020
- REQUIRED: Register for and attend the College Fair on Saturday (you will receive your audition number on Saturday at check-in and you will lose your audition spot if you do not)
- Purchase an audition package (minumum $15, click "Read More" in the Package list below for details)
- Staple printed headshots and resumes together and give them to the colleges/programs you are interested in at the College Fair on Saturday in preparation for the audition on Sunday
Each student will be placed in an audition group and notified of their Sunday schedule ahead of time.
Items are also available as ADD ONs to basic registration packages | Master Class for non-auditioning students must be purchased separately